The Multidisciplinary Doctoral School aims to achieve interdisciplinary cooperation. In accordance with this goal, the program offers high quality training through the combination of the theoretical and practical understanding of the international system.
The Doctoral program, in line with the international standards, offers training in three main fields:
- A theoretical dimension which seeks to engage students who aim to work in the academia and become part of a flourishing research community.
- Highly qualified professionals who seek to enhance and develop their knowledge and skills. This field aims to engage professionals who are particularly concerned about being part of international multilateral cooperation
- The third field is relevant for those who seek to work in diplomacy, and politics and aim to achieve intellectual excellence in the field of international relations
The Doctoral School enhances skills in all three fields in the following ways:
- It offers comprehensive knowledge about the international system and its topic specific questions, with a particular focus on developing problem-solving skills
- It facilitates individual research activity, including data compiling, analysis, interpretation, and the successful completion of the doctoral thesis
- It offers new avenues of research and constantly reflects on real-life demands of both the academia and politics
- It helps students in their professional development, facilitates teaching activities, and their successful integration into the labor market
It ensures that doctoral candidates acquire the necessary skills for effective professional, scientific and social communication.